News & Events
New Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests and Policy Changes
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has notified Pennsylvania Teacher
Certification programs that the present Praxis testing requirements for teacher
certification will change as of April 2, 2012.
For link to PDE document press here
Beginning on April 2, 2012 the following Praxis test requirements will change and be replaced by the PECT (Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests) administered by Pearson Evaluation Systems, for new programs in the following:
- PK-4 Certification: Core and Professional Knowledge -replaces Fundamental Subjects & Elementary Education: Curriculum , Instruction & Assessment
- Pre-Service Academic Performance Assessment (PAPA) - replaces PPST tests in Reading Writing & Mathematics
- Special Education Pk-8 – replaces Special Education (N-12) Core Knowledge and Applications
- Special Education 7-12 – Replaces Special Education (N-12) Core Knowledge and Applications
New Praxis tests, administered by the ETS will be used for Middle Level 4-8 certification:
- Pennsylvania 4-8 : Core Assessment, Core Assessment Pedagogy, Core Assessment English Language Arts and Social Studies, Core Assessment Mathematics and science
- Plus Concentration modules in English Language Arts, Social Studies, Mathematics, Science.
School Administrators will have new tests as of April 2, 2012
- Principals: School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA)
For additional information contact your advisor.