Items to Remember for Your Campus Visit
- Wear comfortable shoes!
- Bring umbrellas and rain coats just in case.
- Pack sunscreen.
- Bring strollers for small children who tire easily.
- Notify the school ahead of time if there is anyone who may need assistance such as wheel chairs, etc.
- Bring water or something to drink.
- Bring a notepad and pen to record answers to questions and help to remember key items of information.
- Bring a written list of questions what must get answered.
- Bring a camera!
- Directions! And the phone number to the admissions office.
Tip! When visiting, make sure you take a lot of pictures. It will help you remember things later when you are home and discussing schools that you have visited.
Tip! Drive through the neighborhood around the school to get a feel for what lies around campus.
Notify the school ahead of time if there is anyone specific on campus who you would like to talk to beyond the Admissions Office: coaches, financial aid counselors, honors program director, tutoring center director, residence life director, etc. Please remember that most of the faculty and staff are busy responding to the needs of current students, but will almost always make time to meet with visiting families if they have the opportunity to schedule it.